Meeting the Council’s challenges
The Council must be confident, capable and financially sustainable if it is to deliver the Business Plan. So that we are equipped to deal with the challenges and grasp the opportunities ahead, we will:
- Continue to address our financial challenge, ensure the council lives within its means.
- Make sure our internal financial and decision-making processes continue to be robust and evidence based.
- To improve outcomes, we need to make better use of high-quality information and data.
- Continuously develop and improve the way we work, find better ways of doing things and embrace new technology.
- Work with partners and communities.
- Focus on outcomes, making use of high-quality information and data.
To achieve this the Business Plan sets five organisational development priorities for the Council.
- Organisational Redesign
- Our culture and approach
- Become a digital- and technology-enabled council
- Effective and resilient delivery
- Reduce demand for high-cost services
Everyone in the Council has a responsibility to consider and reflect the Business Plan in their service planning,
budget setting and performance management. Everything in the Business Plan is subject to availability of funding and
our decision-making processes.